Saturday, April 21, 2007

OLDEST YARN IN MY STASH

This skein is the oldest yarn in my stash. It was purchased (2 skeins) in order to learn to knit. Ragged Around the Edges was with me when I made the purchase. She was the one who taught me to knit and helped me determine a good yarn to begin learning. She was as oblivious to the yarn's flaws as I. The yarn is still in my stash because it is the most aggravating stuff to try to knit with. It's tiny feathery wisps (acrylic mohair) stick together and the yarn will tangle because of it. I had a very hard time learning to knit with it because, as you know, there is a lot of frogging going on. You could not frog that yarn without scissors! But never fail, I have come a long way since that pitiful skein. I have even knitted a pretty keyhole scarf with it that I have given to my sister. I still have a skein of it left that can be used for other projects. It really is pretty knitted up. By the way, my first knitted project was a scarf I gave to my daughter that I knitted with dreamy Nobo brand yarn purchased from WalMart.

No comments: