Friday, January 02, 2009

Somethin' Squared

I can't believe I finished another project! My knit mojo is back. I am already looking forward to beginning another project. I have a few projects that need to be finished, but I will get to them... someday.

I wanted to knit my dad another hat. The one I knitted for him two year's ago(?) has become almost felted from the wear in the weather (he farms). I thought he could use an alternate. I decided to use Ann Budd's Book of Patterns to begin the hat and I used a hemmed edge. I wanted to try something new. It was a little difficult to do. I don't think I matched up the stitches quite right. When I decided to do the decreases, I went surfing for information because I wasn't entirely sure how to do it. I found
Booklyn Tweed's Turn a Square hat pattern. (I love his stuff!)

I liked the way the yarn's colorway made a camouflage pattern and I love the way the decreases produced the striped look. I think I could have began the decreases a little earlier, but I was so afraid of knitting the hat too small. Overall I am pleased with the way it turned out. Somethin' different. Thanks Brooklyn!


Needle: US 5 / 3.75 mm
Yarn: Elizabeth Austen Andes, 165.0 yards in stash, 0.5 skeins = 82.5 yards (75.4m)
Purchased from: Knit Witts Yarn Shoppe in Evansville, Indiana

No comments: