Saturday, December 16, 2006

Special Friends

Ragged and I got together here at my house for a little dinner and Grey's Anatomy ...and knitting of course. We also exchanged Christmas gifts. She is too good to me. I received a very nice copy of the Knitter's Handbook and a gift certificate to our nearest LYS. I am so excited! Thanks Ragged!

A couple of weeks ago Ragged and I met up to attend a holiday open house in a nice yarn store in a nearby town. We had a great time. We milled around for more than an hour coveting yarns and touching them all. We even came away with a few goodies. I had noticed that Ragged had some Lorna's Laces in her basket at one time, I had the same in mine. I made it home with mine, she had changed her mind and left hers behind. I know she loves Lorna's Laces and the color is gorgeous. So, I made a trip back and that's what she received from me along with a gift certificate for a book. She has a vast collection of knitting books and she is an avid reader. So I didn't want to take any chances on duplicating anything she may already have. It was a lot of fun having her over, although the dinner could have been better. We did have a nice dessert, peppermint ice cream. Everytime we have time to get together I learn that she and I have a lot of the same interests and tastes. It's pretty amazing. She's a special person and I am pleased to have her as my friend. I wish her and Cynical a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Awwww! Shucks.

But seriously, what a great friend you are, I am reminded of that with each conversation and each time I see you. That's why we need to get together even more.

Even if there isn't peppermint ice cream.