Thursday, March 08, 2007

WARM & FUZZY

I know, signs of spring are coming. Tiny buds are peeking from branches of trees and crocus, daffodils and hyacinth are poking through the ground. But I had to knit up a few more scarves. I finished the Misti Alpaca Ribs & Ruffles and gave it to my mom. My niece, was there when I gave it to her. She liked it and expressed an interest in having one. So, I ran home and found the pretty Nobo yarn with pink hues in my stash. She stated emphatically that pink was her favorite color. The small scarf is knitted with ruffles on each end. Very simple and only took about two hours to knit, including interruptions.


The pretty blue scarf, Ribs and Ruffle pattern, was knitted in about a week or less. As soon as I found out that a previous co-worker was leaving her post, I immediately wanted to knit something nice for her to take with her. The blue reminded me of her warm personality and pretty, sparkly blue eyes. Yes, it's almost spring but it's warm and fuzzy, like her. Who knows, maybe she'll take up knitting and knit pretties for her grandbabies.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oooooh, both are so pretty. What yarn did you use for the blue one. They both look so soft.